Sapa Getaway - 2 days / 1 night
This Sapa tour is designed for travelers who want to experience one night at a basic homestay in a hill-tribe village and go a long trek to the most popular off-the-beaten-track sites in mountains around Sapa. You will have the opportunity to talk with the local minority people and learn about their way of life.
6:30 to 7:00 AM: Pick up from Hanoi Family Homestay in our comfortable, air-conditioned bus and start the journey to Sapa.
9:30 AM: Short comfort break along the way.
11:00 AM: Second comfort break in Lao Cai city before approaching Sapa.
13:00 PM: Arrive in Sapa, where you'll see the H’Mong, Dzao, and Tay ethnic people in their colorful, traditional costumes.
- Welcome drink and itinerary briefing.
- Enjoy a good lunch with local Vietnamese dishes.
14:15 PM: We'll take a short drive to Y Linh Ho, then trek through the rice terraces and along Muong Hoa Stream to the Black H'mong village of Lao Chai to see the spectacular landscape of Hoang Lien Son Mountain. In late afternoon, we'll approach Ta Van village where the Dzay ethnic people live. The 9-kilometer trek lasts for 3.5 hours.
17:45: Check in at your homestay and get to know the family of Dzay people. Spend some time to enjoy the mountain scenery, tranquil rice paddies and the sunset. You may help your host family prepare dinner, and enjoy eating some delicious, local foods with them. In the evening, you can visit the local bar, if you wish, or socialize with other tourists. Overnight at the homestay.
Meals included: Lunch, Dinner
8:00 AM: Your host family will prepare breakfast for you. Then start the day with a fun and fascinating trek.
8:45 AM: Take a walk to the rice fields, where you can take some photos of the amazing terraced paddies, verdantly green landscape and towering mountains. We'll trek through a bamboo forest and stop to take in a panoramic view of Giang Ta Chai village, home of the Red Dzao people.
11:00 AM: Trek for two hours - a distance of four kilometers - across the Giang Ta Chai Bridge to the main road. Your bus will pick you up and take you to Sapa Town.
12:00 to 12:30 PM: Have a shower at hotel, then check out.
12:30 to 14:45 PM: Relax and enjoy a good Vietnamese lunch, then explore Sapa on your own.
14:45 to 15:00 PM: Meet all group members at the hotel to get ready for the return trip to Hanoi.
15:30 PM: We will now drive back to Hanoi, taking two comfort breaks along the way.
21:15 PM: We say goodbye to you at Hanoi Family Homestay.
Meals included: breakfast, lunch
- $126 US per person
WHAT TO BRING:
- Passport with valid Vietnamese visa
- Some cash in Vietnamese Dong or USD for personal expenses
- Sturdy walking shoes
- Small day pack
- Insect repellent
- Sun hat and/or sunscreen
- Warm clothing, scarf, hat
- Pick up from Hanoi Family Homestay
- Modern air–conditioned bus with comfortable seats from Hanoi to Sapa and return;
- 2 bottles of water each way on the bus trip;
- Modern bus in Sapa with experienced drivers;
- English-speaking tourguide during the bus trip and local guide in Sapa;
- 2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast with local dishes;
- All entrance tickets to indicated sites;
- Single basic bed with mosquito net at homestay;
- Public bathroom with hot water in homestay;
- Insurance during the time using the bus.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Any meals not indicated in the above itinerary;
- Beverages, travel insurance, VAT, personal expenses;
- Any other expenses not clearly mentioned above;
- Tips and gratuities.